Episode 34 - How to let go of fears and anxieties
Overcoming Anxiety Series - Episode 34
Free Scripture Reading Plan on Overcoming Anxiety!
The Scriptures listed in this plan are so important to learn and memorize. We pray that it helps with your daily plan of being in the Word.
New episode of the Overcoming Anxiety Series, where we are talking about our anxious hearts and how to overcome it!
In today’s episode, discover:
- How we have all the tools at our disposal to overcome and work through anxiety because of Christ in us!
- Bible verses that talk about anxiety and what to do with it, as well as things that aren't really healthy or good for us that we have a hard time letting go of;
- Some encouragement and examples from Scripture to help us address anxious thoughts.
… and MUCH MORE!
We dive into 1 Peter 5, and the fact our anxiety comes down to, “I cannot control this.” We are instructed to remember there is someone who IS in control and He not only is in control, He cares!
“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” - 1 Peter 5:6-7
“Cast all your anxieties on Him”
In this episode, we do a little bit of work to see how this verse can actually become a reality in our lives when we're dealing with anxious hearts.
Reminder: If you know Christ and are trusting in the work of Christ on the cross today, you are already victorious.
For Further Study
- Read 1 Peter 5:6-11;
- If you want to go even further, join us for an in-depth study during the month of August: The Truth About Anxiety: Calming your Soul in a Chaotic World. You will have access to a Scripture Reading Plan, Complete Bible Study, Live workshops with recordings, a special community, creative elements for journaling and much, much more. Get the details here: www.sojoacademy.com.
- Become a Sojo Academy member: a community for Christian women that encourages Bible Study, fellowship, and creative worship. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
- Check the Study the Armor of God Bible Study: HERE.
- We encourage you to download a wonderful free resource while you listen to the podcast episodes.
It's a free Scripture Reading Plan on Overcoming Anxiety! The Scriptures listed in this plan are so important to learn and memorize. We pray that it helps with your daily plan of being in the Word.
“God is in control, He really is. That's not just a pithy state statement. He really is in control and He has everything under His feet. He has a grand plan that He is fulfilling and it may not always appear to be that way to us, but Scripture tells us He is!” - AJ
“God not only is in control, but He cares. Before I can rid myself and let go of those anxieties, I have to acknowledge that there is someone who can do something about it when I can't.” - AJ
HOW TO RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE
You can find The Sojo Show Podcast on all the major podcast apps, as well as here on The Sojo Hub website.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player using the links below.
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review after you’ve listened. We really appreciate it and truly want to hear what you think!
CONNECT WITH JEN & AJ
Also, If you have a question for us, it could be super silly, it can be a little bit deeper. It doesn’t matter, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org... you may just hear the answer on an upcoming podcast episode!