Episode 36 - Ten Practical ways to settle your anxious heart
Our FINAL episode on the series “Overcoming Anxiety”!
It’s a nitty gritty episode where we touched on some rough times for all of us (covid/2020) and how there was a massive shift and some of us still haven't righted ourselves back yet.
Regardless of where you are right now with your anxiety levels, at some point anxiety will touch your life.
In today’s episode you’ll hear:
- How Jen focused on her patients and family and took drastic steps to deal with her anxiety. (The circumstances did not change. But her heart changed. She replaced it with more intentional prayer and time in the Word.)
- How we can be proactive. Learn how we can take steps with intentionality to guard our hearts against anxiety.
- Ways to identify what triggers your anxiety and what do we need to do after you identify them?
- Practical ways from a medical and spiritual side to help settle your anxious heart.
… and MUCH MORE!
Among the tips and encouragement Jen and AJ gave us were:
- When you do experience an anxiety trigger, you need to recognize it as something that increases stress and do what you can to minimize it or cut it off completely.
- If it's a trigger you cannot avoid, recognize it. Listen to yourself. Find a way to back up a little bit, whether that's relaxation techniques, deep breathing, going outside, or putting your feet on the ground… find what works for you.
- Exercising regularly and eating healthy food. Your body is your temple. Sounds like a cliché, but trust us, IT’S TRUE.
- Get adequate sleep and limit your caffeine intake.
- Limit your time on a screen. (We watch other people's lives. We compare ourselves to them. We watch what's going on in the world. There’s SO MUCH beyond our control that overwhelms us!)
- Find a good biblical counselor in your area.
For all 10 tips and a better understanding of why and how to do them, listen to the full episode!
Remember: Anxiety is not the final word. This is not permanent.
Our anxieties, fears, insecurities, doubts, or all of the negativity we live with on a day-to-day basis, whether internal or external are NOT permanent. They’re not the final word. And we can shift our focus from the here and now to heaven and to the spiritual dimension that is there.
We want to hear from you! What do you do that tends to help you to combat your anxiety? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Study
- If you want to go even further, you can purchase our in-depth study about The Truth About Anxiety: Calming your Soul in a Chaotic World. You will have access to a Scripture Reading Plan, Complete Bible Study, creative elements for journaling, and much, much more. Get the details here: www.sojoacademy.com.
- Study the Truth About Anxiety in more depth with a 4-week Bible Study Bundle with a full Bible Study, a printable Bible journaling kit, Scripture reading and writing plan, and BONUS videos FIND IT HERE.
- Become a Sojo Academy member: a community for Christian women that encourages Bible Study, fellowship, and creative worship. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
- Explore God's World Collection: The Ultimate Collection of Unique and Creative Ways to Study the Bible: CHECK IT OUT HERE.
- We encourage you to download a wonderful free resource while you listen to the podcast episodes.
It's a free Scripture Reading Plan on Overcoming Anxiety! The Scriptures listed in this plan are so important to learn and memorize. We pray that it helps with your daily plan of being in the Word.
“Nothing is impossible with God. God can do it. He can instantaneously heal us if He chose to, we believe that.”
“In your struggle, in your suffering, in your anxiety, you have the opportunity to show an anxious world, what it looks like to be at peace with Him, even when you are not at peace with these other things.”
“God uses even the negative things and the uncomfortable things in our lives for good.”
HOW TO RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE
You can find The Sojo Show Podcast on all the major podcast apps, as well as here on The Sojo Hub website.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player using the links below.
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review after you’ve listened. We really appreciate it and truly want to hear what you think!
CONNECT WITH JEN & AJ
Also, If you have a question for us, it could be super silly, it can be a little bit deeper. It doesn’t matter, email us at email@example.com... you may just hear the answer on an upcoming podcast episode!