Episode 38 - The Simplicity and Significance of Scripture intake
Back to the Basics: Bible Intake
Do you remember the first verse of the Bible you memorized?
There are many ways that we can get the word into our heart. A lot of people don't even realize that scripture reading is different from scripture study.
There's scripture memorization.
There's scripture meditation.
There's listening to the scripture.
There’s drawing the scripture.
There's a lot of different ways for Bible intake, however really getting the Word of God in you is critical and one of the basic spiritual disciplines that we all need to be practicing because of its benefits.
If you listened to last week's episode, you heard a few of the benefits of Scripture intake. But one important one is that the word of God is true, inherent and all we need.
In today’s episode you’ll hear:
- Different ways for Scripture intake and why it's important.
- Tips for reading the Word.
- Difference between knowing Christ and the Bible itself.
- A snippet from guest Kim Campbell about how to dive into the Word.
… and MUCH MORE!
Ready to learn more about how to accelerate your spiritual growth? Visit sojoacademy.com/sga
- Become a Sojo Academy member: a community for Christian women that encourages Bible Study, fellowship, and creative worship. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
- Listen to the Martha's podcast mentioned in today's episode: HERE.
- We encourage you to download a wonderful free resource while you listen to the podcast episodes.
“The word of God is true and inherent. It is all sufficient. It is all we need. Christ is all we need.” - Jen Evangelista
“The Bible is sufficient, period.” - Arabah Joy.
“The Word is crucial to the spiritual health of our lives as Christians.” - Kim Campbell
HOW TO RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE
You can find The Sojo Show Podcast on all the major podcast apps, as well as here on The Sojo Hub website.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player using the links below.
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review after you’ve listened. We really appreciate it and truly want to hear what you think!
CONNECT WITH JEN & AJ
Also, If you have a question for us, it could be super silly, it can be a little bit deeper. It doesn’t matter, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org... you may just hear the answer on an upcoming podcast episode!