Episode 53 - BEST OF 2022: The Purpose of your Pain
There's a lot of joy in Christmas. And yet, there’s a lot of pain too, especially for people who have lost loved ones or who have painful memories around this time of year.
We want to acknowledge there is pain and there's suffering and it's part of our lives and yet, for those of us who are in Christ, we still have hope, even in the midst of our darkest hours.
Back on episode 10, we talked about a woman who demonstrated faithfulness in pain: Hannah. Do you remember her story?
She was someone that requested something from God. We too can sometimes ask for things that seem really important and valuable to us and God’s answer is still no.
As we talked through Hannah’s story, we realized that she is a good example of purpose in the midst of pain.
Her story shows us that God is not only sovereign over the nations and history, but He's also sovereign over our lives and always has a reason for what happens in our lives, even the hard things.
Sometimes we just need to take a step back and remember that God allows things for a reason. And there is no wasted pain when we belong to Christ.
“All pain has a reason. And if I am truly trusting in Him, then I can know that it's all going to work for my good and His glory.”
- In-depth Bible study on The Women of the Bible. You will have access to a Scripture Reading Plan, Complete Bible Study, creative elements for journaling, and much, much more. Get the details here: HERE!
- Read the full show notes of the original episode HERE.
- Become a Sojo Academy member: a community for Christian women that encourages Bible Study, fellowship, and creative worship. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
- Check out HERE to check out all the FREE resources available!
- FREE Colossians Bookmarks:
HOW TO RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE
You can find The Sojo Show Podcast on all the major podcast apps, as well as here on The Sojo Hub website.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player using the links below.
Spotify | Apple | Google | Amazon
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review after you’ve listened. We really appreciate it and truly want to hear what you think!
CONNECT WITH JEN & AJ
Also, If you have a question for us, it could be super silly, it can be a little bit deeper. It doesn’t matter, email us at email@example.com... you may just hear the answer on an upcoming podcast episode!