Episode 30 - The underestimated power of meekness
Fruit of the Spirit: Gentleness
Download these bookmarks/journal cards to help you remember what you are learning about the fruit of the Spirit. Take notes on the Scripture... or even the podcast ;). And enjoy a taste of Sojo Academy!
In today’s episode we are talking about the fruit of the Spirit, GENTLENESS/Meekness.
Jen and AJ had a special talk about:
- Why this fruit is also known as meekness;
- What is the biblical definition of meekness (it's not the same as our understanding of the English word!)
- How the word meekness is closely linked with the word humility!
- How humbling and submitting ourselves to all things as being from God is at the root of gentleness.
… and MUCH MUCH MORE!
Did you know gentleness or meekness carries an implication of being deliberate and intentional? Meekness in a biblical stance is not primarily our outward behavior. It's about our inward posture before God.
As our inward posture is correct, then our outward behavior becomes a reflection of it.
Biblical meekness basically is our spirit submitting to all things as being from God.
It’s taking the posture of saying: “God, this is from Your hand. I'm going to humble myself under Your hand and I'm going to let You be the one to exalt me at the appropriate time or to bring about whatever end there is to this.”
Being meek towards your life is an opportunity to take the low road and be humble. Even Jesus submitted himself to God, and to death on the cross.
If you are someone who struggles with understanding the biblical meaning of meekness/gentleness, know that you're not alone! There are a lot of people who do not understand this completely!
We encourage you to pray for the Holy Spirit to develop this fruit in your life and recognize that this is a way to find rest. Go back to the Bible and note the beauty and blessing of meekness!
For Further Study
If you want to go even further, join us for an in-depth study of the Fruit of the Spirit! You will have access to a Scripture Reading Plan, Workbooks, Live workshop, recording, special community, creative elements for journaling, and much much more. Get the details here: www.sojoacademy.com.
- Study the Fruits of the Spirit in more depth with nine full modules, a printable Bible journaling kit, Scripture reading and writing plan, and BONUS videos. FIND IT HERE.
- Become a Sojo Academy member: a community for Christian women that encourages Bible Study, fellowship, and creative worship. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
- We encourage you to download a wonderful free resource while you listen to the podcast episodes.
It's a 9 printable bookmark for each Fruit of the Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:22-23. Use this printable resource to help you with your reflections, readings, and quiet time with God. Enjoy!
“As we humble ourselves and recognize the reason for our humility, who we are, who God is, then in turn that will develop into gentleness.” - Jen Evangelista.
“Meekness is not being a doormat. It’s not being weak. Meekness is strength.” -AJ
HOW TO RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE
You can find The Sojo Show Podcast on all the major podcast apps, as well as here on The Sojo Hub website.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player using the links below.
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review after you’ve listened. We really appreciate it and truly want to hear what you think!
CONNECT WITH JEN & AJ
Also, If you have a question for us, it could be super silly, it can be a little bit deeper. It doesn’t matter, email us at email@example.com... you may just hear the answer on an upcoming podcast episode!