Episode 18 - Practical tips for balancing ministry and life featuring Jawan McGinnis
Welcome back to our May series we are calling Encouragement for Women in Ministry where we are talking about some of the unique challenges that come with it!
In today’s episode, Jen has a special guest she talks to about some of the challenges of ministry, especially with a large family. Woven into the conversation is some powerful advice and practical tips for balancing ministry and life.
Say hello to Jawan McGinnis! She is a mom of 5, high school teacher, foster parent, amazing friend, and pastor's wife from Georgia.
“One thing that I really feel like I've learned a lot in that process of motherhood and being a wife is that God is still the God of our mundane and it's a joy to be there.” - Jawan McGinnis.
Tune in today to listen to a woman who finds joy in the “mundane”. And learn how to navigate moments of stress, even when you are on the verge of tears, selfishness, and maintain your kind heart.
As Jawan reminds us: there’s no reason to be unkind.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” - Galatians 5:22-23.
By the way, our summer Bible studies will be an in-depth study of the Fruit of the Spirit! YAY! We will be breaking down some popular misconceptions about how we express them and diving deep into each one in new and unique ways.
Don’t miss it, it will be a really good couple of months of Bible study at Sojo Academy. See you there? www.sojoacademy.com
- Go outside and be around God's creation. Listen to music or a podcast, while you go for a walk. There's so many benefits from that. So, let’s do it together? Go for a walk, observe and be thankful, mindful, grateful for all God’s creation and the good. Share with us and let’s create a movement.
- If you're listening and know someone who might be encouraged by this conversation, someone who's walking along in any of these capacities, just send them a link to the podcast.
- And if you’re in a season of discouragement, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Feel free to share your story. We would love to come alongside you and be in prayer with you.
- Become a Sojo Academy member: a community for Christian women that encourages Bible Study, fellowship, and creative worship. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
- Spending time with God each day is a key component of cultivating and nurturing our relationship with Him. If you want to make meaningful daily time with God a habit, download (for free) The Quiet Time Planner: A perfect guide to help you jumpstart your time with God. Get it HERE!
- We encourage you to download a wonderful free resource while you listen to the podcast episodes.
It's a 31-Day Scripture Reading and Writing Plan to help you with your reflections and readings of 2 Timothy. In this book of the Bible with only four short chapters, Paul takes the time to encourage Timothy in the faith. Click the link below to download the digital files. Enjoy!
“God is still the God of our mundane and it's a joy to be there." - Jawan McGinnis
“What have I been saved from, what am I capable of? The very worst. And I have been saved from doom and God’s wrath. How can I not, then, be grateful for every moment? That's the balance. The balance comes when I sit back and go, ‘wow, look what I've been saved from and what I've been given” - Jawan McGinnis
“You need to strive to preach the Gospel to yourself every day, that God did send his son to that cross, and he took my sin and in exchange, He gave me His righteousness. We were saved from the wrath of a Holy God. And because of that, I can be more patient, I can have grace for others.” - Jen Evangelista.
“Sometimes when I know that the season that I'm in will be a little more challenging, I have to remember that it has been given to me by God for a purpose and that's ultimately for His glory and my good.” - Jen Evangelista.
“I remember someone telling me early on in my marriage, early on in motherhood, and I often think about it: ‘There's never a reason to be unkind.’” - Jawan McGinnis
HOW TO RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE
You can find The Sojo Show Podcast on all the major podcast apps, as well as here on The Sojo Hub website.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player using the links below.
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review after you’ve listened. We really appreciate it and truly want to hear what you think!
CONNECT WITH JEN & AJ
Also, If you have a question for us, it could be super silly, it can be a little bit deeper. It doesn’t matter, email us at email@example.com... you may just hear the answer on an upcoming podcast episode!