Episode 43 - Living a life of Radical Trust
What if Jesus asked me to do something I didn't wanna do?
Welcome back! Today we have a very special guest joining AJ! You probably know Joanna Weaver and heard of her book “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World” which sold over a million copies!
Listen to a beautiful discussion between Joanna and AJ about:
- Why and how Joanna wrote “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World”.
- One story from Joanna’s new book “Embracing Trust” about Reese Howell and how his trust affected his prayer life.
- Life changing pivot points that made Joanna embrace and trust God.
- When God took AJ through a season of “Are you gonna trust me to give you the righteousness you need in this moment?”
- Learning to see God’s love, His goodness and His ability to take the very worst that the world throws at us and work it for our good in his time and his way.
… and MUCH MORE!
“My lack of trust in the Lord was marginalizing my spiritual growth. And it was really hindering me from connecting intimately with the Lord.” - Arabah Joy
When we really know the character of God and we place our trust in that character, our lives and the choices we make are radically affected by that. Ultimately, we will try great things.
“God has transformed me in the writing of this book. I don't know if he'll use it on anybody else, but I am not the same person that I was. And so my heart is so full. I pray, “God, please just open our eyes to your goodness even when we don't understand…” - Joanna Weaver.
About our guest
Joanna Weaver is the bestselling and award-winning author of Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, as well as Having a Mary Spirit and Lazarus Awakening. A pastor's wife, mother of three, and avid Bible teacher, Joanna loves speaking to women about the powerful freedom that is found in making Jesus Lord and trusting him for things bigger than themselves. She lives with her family in Hamilton, Montana.
Listen to Joanna’s podcast: Apple Podcast
Purchase Joanna’s new book: Embracing Trust: The Art of Letting Go and Holding On to a Forever-Faithful God - HERE
- Study The Lord's Prayer in more depth with a 4-week Bible Study Bundle with a full Bible Study, a printable Bible journaling kit, Scripture reading and writing plan, and BONUS videos. FIND IT HERE.
- Become a Sojo Academy member: a community for Christian women that encourages Bible Study, fellowship, and creative worship. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
- Check out HERE the study we mentioned in today's episode: "Becoming Battle Ready" Bible Study.
- FREE Lord's Prayer Bookmarks:
HOW TO RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE
You can find The Sojo Show Podcast on all the major podcast apps, as well as here on The Sojo Hub website.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast player using the links below.
And don’t forget to leave a rating and review after you’ve listened. We really appreciate it and truly want to hear what you think!
CONNECT WITH JEN & AJ
Also, If you have a question for us, it could be super silly, it can be a little bit deeper. It doesn’t matter, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org... you may just hear the answer on an upcoming podcast episode!